25 Apr 2012
A fish and chip shop in Cumbria has been damaged after a fire on Tuesday.
A fire brigade spokesperson revealed the blaze affected both the first and ground floors in the building, causing a partial collapse of the floor.
Fire crews were initially called to the scene at 10.26am after a chip pan caught on fire.
Police had to cordon off the surrounding area while eight appliances from Windermere, Kendal, Ambleside, Staveley, Patterdale and Coniston attended the incident.
No one was injured as a result of the fire.
Under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 a “suitable and sufficient” fire risk assessment must be completed on commercial properties.
If it is deemed that fire risk provisions were insufficient, then the responsible person can face a prison sentence of up to two years or an unlimited fine.
Copyright Press Association 2012