30 Jan 2013
A fire-hit restaurant is preparing to reopen after a blaze put the business out of action for four months.
Amanda Powley and Philip Taylor, who own Terre à Terre, a vegetarian restaurant in Brighton, have spent £200,000 refitting the eaterie’s kitchen. The pair have run the business for almost two decades and had wanted to get the restaurant up and running again before Christmas.
However, delays in refurbishing the fire-damaged building mean it will now open its doors on Monday, February 4.
The blaze at the restaurant occurred in October when a pile of tea towels, which had been tumble-dried, self-combusted.
The owners described the experience as “devastating” but said they were now looking to the future and had taken the opportunity to improve the restaurant’s facilities.
They added: “In truth it has made us realise how lucky we are.”
Copyright Press Association 2013