27 Jan 2012
A chemical leak at a Highland industrial plant has created a risk of exposure to ammonia.
A woman has been treated for eye injuries at Raigmore Hospital in Inverness, reports indicate, after she was exposed to the chemical, which can cause burning and fainting.
Emergency services have since put a 650ft cordon around the Dalcross Industrial Estate and are advising local residents to steer clear of the area until the problem has been fully dealt with.
As a result of the incident, the nearby road from Ardersier to Inverness Airport was closed. However, access was available via the A96.
Ammonia is used in commercial products such as glass polish. The chemical can prove to be harmful to people when it is in liquid or gas form.
Copyright Press Association 2012